The Pony Club Association of Victoria Inc. recognises that passive smoking is hazardous to health and that non-smokers should be protected from tobacco smoke.
Accordingly, the following policy devised by PCAV applies to all members, State, Zones and Clubs, venues/areas. This policy applies to all members, administrators, officials, coaches, riders and visitors of the Club, Zone and State.
The PCAV policy requires:
- Administration, dining, eating and office areas to be smoke free.
- Change rooms and toilets to be smoke free.
- Cigarettes not to be sold (including from vending machines).
- Smoking not to be permitted in indoor spectator viewing and riding areas.
- Hiring out venue to be smoke free.
- Outdoor spectator grandstands and seating areas to be smoke free.
- All social functions (including junior events, competitions, dinners, fund raising events, meetings) of the organisation to be smoke free.
- Coaches, trainers, volunteers and officials to refrain from smoking while they are acting in an official capacity.
- Riders to refrain from smoking while in uniform.
Non-compliance with this policy will result in disciplinary action by the Club/Zone or PCAV Executive on behalf of the Council. Note: Non-compliance could place PCAV in jeopardy for Government funding.